Games only working after playing another game first

[Released: 1985] One of the most unusual features of the Sega Master System is its dual media inputs: one cartridge slot and one card slot. The card slot accepted small cards about the size of a credit card.

/markiiisystem
Bustin' Moves

Games only working after playing another game first

Post by /markiiisystem »

I have a very weird situation happening with my Master System. To be more specific, it’s a Power Base Converter and a Genesis model 1.

A have a couple games that are very finicky to make them work, these being Master of Darkness and Monica no Castelo do Dragão (version of Wonder Boy in Monster Land). These are the only games I have trouble working on my console, every other game I have work flawlessly in the very first try. The connectors are pristine and all carts were cleaned multiple times with isopropyl alcohol inside and out, and even with these actions these two games almost never work. It takes dozen and dozen of tries to make them to work in normal circumstances.

Then after performing some trials I started to notice that if I put one of the other games that work in the first try first, turn the console on, turn it off and then afterward swap to either one these two finicky games, they work just fine in the first try!

Have any of you ran into a situation like this before? Am I getting crazy? Lol Is this a real thing that happen or am I just seeing patterns that don’t really exist? What could possibly the explanation for anything like that? Thank you!
submitted by /u/HolyMacaxeira
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/MasterSystem/c ... ther_game/
/markiiisystem

Return to “Master System Forum”