Looking for Phantasy Star cartridge in rough condition

[Released: 1985] One of the most unusual features of the Sega Master System is its dual media inputs: one cartridge slot and one card slot. The card slot accepted small cards about the size of a credit card.

/markiiisystem
Bustin' Moves

Looking for Phantasy Star cartridge in rough condition

Post by /markiiisystem »

Greetings,

I am looking to acquire a Phantasy Star cartridge for use as a donor for a project of mine, to make a Genesis format cartridge of Phantasy Star. As a fan of the Phantasy Star series on the Genesis, I want to play the first one on real hardware, but I don't want to buy a Master System console, nor a PBC, for just one game. So as an exercise, I've been designing a Genesis cartridge PCB that I can transplant the chips from the Mater System cartridge onto.

The problem is I don't want to sacrifice a Phantasy Star cartridge in good condition, as it holds intrinsic value that should go into a collector's library, so I'd like to find a donor in rough condition. Unfortunately those don't appear to cross sites like ebay often, so my real question here is, what are places I should be looking to find a cartridge suitable for my project?

Thanks!
submitted by /u/JuliettKiloFoxtrot76
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/MasterSystem/c ... _in_rough/
/markiiisystem

Return to “Master System Forum”