Xbox One S smoking

[Released: 2013] Moving away from its predecessor's PowerPC-based architecture, the Xbox One marks a shift back to the x86 architecture used in the original Xbox; it features an AMD Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) built around the x86-64 instruction set.

/xboxone
Corporate

Xbox One S smoking

Post by /xboxone »

Hi. Last night I was playing cod for roughly two hours and as soon as I came off it and went onto the Xbox home screen I heard a crackle/pop noise and light grey smoke started coming out of the vents. It smelt awful and the left hand side of the vents went discoloured like they were burnt but I never saw a flame. I’ve kept my xbox on much longer than this in the past and once I turned the power off at the wall the smoke stopped. Does anyone know what could have caused this? And will I be able to repair it?
It might be worth noting that recently to save electricity I’ve started turning my power off at the wall every time after use which I never used to do and sometimes I get lazy and don’t switch my Xbox or tv off first. Not sure if it’s relevant but my bf said that it could potentially cause an issue.
TIA :)

submitted by /u/jodiebroderick
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Xbox One Forum”