[EARTH-4] Sonic Adventure 2 ~Added Description~

Show off your custom inserts, modified cases and systems.

DeviantArt
Bustin' Moves

[EARTH-4] Sonic Adventure 2 ~Added Description~

Post by DeviantArt »

Hah, man it's been nearly a week since I've had proper access to a computer. I know I said I was going to add a description to this thing later, I posted this up because I wanted to show off something before I left for the day, and I ended not coming home and stayed over at a friend's place for a week.

Anyways, this is something I did last week to accommodate something I wanted to do last weekend. I had in mind to play around with doing some mock comic pages, but while considering the idea I realized that I actually didn't have working character designs for many of the characters. So if the idea isn't obvious, the character designs shown here are the Earth-4 variants of the main SA2 cast for an adaptation/alternate take on the story.

So for those unfamiliar with my Earth-4 timeline, Earth-4 is an alternate timeline of the main Sonic world where 50 years ago, Project Shadow was created using the DNA of Mother Wisp instead of Black Doom, giving birth to Proj the Echidna (character image and description linked above). From her creation onwards 50 years later into the present, history has changed dramatically with many once familiar characters displaying differences from their main timeline counterparts.

---

HERO SIDE STORY

Sonic the Hedgehog/Jack Parlouzer

15 years ago, three hedgehog triplets were born to the Parlouzer family; Nicholas Parlouzer, Jack Parlouzer, and Sonia Parlouzer. Like their older brother, Peter Parlouzer, as well as their father and grandmother before them, they have all been born with the recessive illness known as "NIDs". Despite the disability, of the three, Nicholas continues fighting on, using his inherent ability to reach great speeds to prove he could overcome his physical debilitation. As the threat of Dr. Robotnik emerged, Nicholas became a hero to the people of his homeland, soon taking on the Mobian name "Sonic the Hedgehog". However, three years ago at the age of 11, Nicholas' condition finally got to him, his bodily weakness accelerated due to coming in contact with the anomalous DOOM Virus with no cure in sight. Nicholas passed away, his death kept a secret from the public eye, even from his friends and admirers.

After the death of his brother, Jack in his grief is unable to cope with the loss. Inspired by his late brother, Jack feels that the world needs "Sonic the Hedgehog" as a symbol of peace and heroism. Discarding his former Mobian title of "Manic", Jack disguises himself and plays the role of Sonic in order that the world may have hope in an age of warfare. After several months of absence, Sonic the Hedgehog returns to the public eye, the people having no knowledge of Nicholas' death as Jack takes his place, proven successful by his recent defeat of Perfect Chaos some few months prior. Now "Sonic" faces the threat of his own former friend, as well as an official offer by the government.

Earth-1 Comparison Notes:

The particular relevance of the birth of the Parlouzer triplets is related to another concept introduced in an earlier main timeline Sonic Origins storyline that takes place between the period of Shadow being ejected from the ARK and landing on Earth, and being captured and sealed away by G.U.N. At some point in that storyline with Shadow's presence on Earth, he meets the paternal grandmother of the present day Sonic who suffers from NIDs. In an act of goodwill and inspired hope, Shadow transfuses some of his own blood to her after a critical incident where she's left seriously injured after a military skirmish. The transfusion not only heals her wounds, but also permanently cures her of her NIDs virus. As a result, her descendants are not only healthy, but carry over the "Ultimate Lifeform" gene inherited from Shadow, leading to Sonic the Hedgehog's greater destiny. In relation to Earth-4, due to a lackthereof Shadow the Hedgehog in this world, the events wherewith Sonic's grandmother is healed do not occur, and thus she spends the rest of her life stricken with NIDs, dying at a much younger age, as well as her own son and further descendants suffering from it also.

In Earth-1, Sonic the Hedgehog/Nicholas Parlouzer is born of a single birth, whereas the conception in Earth-4 is divded into triplet birth. Due to Sonic the Hedgehog's inherited Ultimate Lifeform gene, despite the embryo having been originally divided in three, at some point during pregnancy the two separations were re-absorbed into the one, creating the much superior Sonic the Hedgehog in Earth-1. In Earth-4, due to the lack of Ultimate Lifeform gene, the three are born, and are stricken with NIDs as a result of a lack of curing of their grandmother. Of the three, Jack is the healthiest and most physically managed.

Tails the Fox/Miles Prower

Since he was a young child, Tails the Fox has been close friends to Sonic the Hedgehog. He has always looked up to the blue hedgehog as a mentor and rolemodel, wanting to be more like him as he grew up. However, three years ago Sonic seemed to have disappeared for a while without a trace. Unsure of what had happened, he grew concerned about his best friend. A few months prior, Sonic seems to have resurfaced just in time to combat the new threat of Chaos under Dr. Robotnik's control. Despite this however, Tails has noticed something different about Sonic, not feeling as close or familiar with him anymore. Despite looking the same, he senses something is amiss with Sonic, and acts cautiously around his "friend". Sonic and Tails agree to assist Agent Rouge in combating Mr. Dogman's latest schemes, using his intelligence to counter Dogman's own in the field of robotics.

Not much is especially changed about Tails' characterization in comparison to his Earth-1 counterpart except for a few personalty differences. In Earth-1, during Shadow the Hedgehog's short period on Earth 50 years ago after being ejected by Maria, he was taken in by the Battle Kukku Armada, led by the late Grand Battle Kukku 14th. In this particular story, Shadow defeats the army and takes them down a notch as a military threat, making them much less dangerous 50 years along the line when led by Grand Battle Kukku 15th and defeated by Tails.

In this world, Shadow the Hedgehog does not defeat the Battle Kukku Army, and instead they continue to reign and grown in military finesse, making it impossible for Tails to save his homeland of Cocoa Island from being taken over and never develops confidence himself as an adventurer. He looks up to Sonic much more, hence his sensitivity when he notices his idol is different somehow. He is eventually required to break away from him and discover his own identity as a hero.

Agent Rouge the Bat

Rouge has grown up with a very sordid past. Her parents were once renowned thieves, but have been since pulled into the World Fighting Tournament which was started by Fanny "Cyclone the Owl" Fukurokov of the Battle Kukku Armada. With her family pulled into the lustre of competition fighting and the rewards that come with it, Rouge wishes to break away from the mould and find more meaning to her life, inspired for her care towards her younger illegitimate brother, Rogue, who was borne of her father's maidservant whom he won in a street fight. Now Rouge has left her home and has found comfort and purpose in being hired by the government. She has found a mentor and parental figure in G.U.N. Commander Maria Robotnik, who teaches her to use her skills for the good of the world. In the present day, Rouge is tasked to gain the help of the heroes, Sonic and Tails in order to stop Julian Dogman's latest threat; His aim to cause a war between the Grand Kingdom and the United Federations.

The major difference between Earth-1 and Earth-4 Rouge are their personalities and their childhood development. Rouge here in Earth-4 takes herself more seriously as an agent of the government, pulling away from the appeal of wealth and thievery. She cherishes her younger brother, Rogue, and looks up to Commander Robotnik deeply. Rogue the Mouse isn't born in the Earth-1 timeline, his presence in Earth-4 is the result of Rouge's father attaining a maidservant in an underground street fight, with slavery as the reward. Rouge despises how her little brother is treated by her parents.

The World Fighting Tournament is started by Fanny Fukurokov as a result of not being humbled in his early years. Fukurokov was one of the strongest and most skilled fighters in the world, but during the Earth-1 storyline involving Shadow's presence on Earth, Shadow defeats and humbles Fukurokov 50 years ago, nearly crippling his body and making him less of a threat. In Earth-4, Fukurokov continues as a strong warrior, wishing for the rest of the world to test his mantle.

---

DARK SIDE STORY

Dr. Ivo Robotnik/Mr. Julian Dogman

Mr. Julian Dogman is the public identity of Dr. Ivo Robotnik of the Robotnik family line. As Dogman, he is a stern businessman running his company known as MeteoTech, which is an organization which markets robotics as a form of a security defense in local homes. 50 years ago, Ivo's grandfather, Professor Gerald Robotnik, was assassinated during an internal government dispute between the United Federations and the Grand Kingdom. Having hacked top secret G.U.N. files, he was able to find the true story of the incidents 50 years ago, Ivo aims to use his prowess in the field of robotics not to take over the world, but to cause wide-spread anarchy and disorder.

Ivo breaks into a high-security Grand Kingdom government facility on Avalon Island, where the subject stolen from his grandfather 50 years ago was sealed away. Taking the young Proj the Echidna under his wing, Robotnik aspires to begin a war between the Grand Kingdom and the United Federations, and pulling his arch-nemesis Sonic into a conflict with his close friend and ally, Knuckles the Echidna.

Ivo Robotnik remains mostly the same in terms of intelligence and physical appearance between Earth-1 and Earth-4, however his ideology is vastly different as a result of the historical differences between both worlds. In Earth-1, Eggman takes on a child-like need to be acknowledged as he light-heartedly wishes to take over the world, whereas in Earth-4, Ivo Robotnik, as Julian Dogman, he merely wants to spread anarchy due to the nature of the unstable government relations of the world.

Proj the Echidna/Project Shadow

50 years ago, Professor Gerald Robotnik was the lead scientist on-board the Space Colony ARK to devise a plan under the "Project Shadow" mantle. Gerald begins Project Shadow with the creation of the Biolizard, however after many unsuccessful attempts, the Biolizard proved to be a failure and he required an alternate means of completing his project. He soon comes in contact with the mysterious Mother Wisp, whom he uses as the basis of the next stage of his research in Project Shadow. Using her DNA, and the study of Hyper-Go-On energy, Project Shadow manifests in the form of a Mobian Echidna, having resonated with the creators of the nearby Project Gizoid of ancient times. The Echidna girl is given the name "Proj" by Gerald's granddaughter, Maria, whom she becomes very close friends with.

Over time using Proj's abilities and harnessing her Hyper-Go-On energy, Gerald is able to successfully advance in many other fields of his research, having successfully created the Artificial Chaos series and bonding them with Project Gizoid as their hive-mind leader and powered using Hyper-Go-On energy. Through harnessing of Artificial Chaos matter, he is able to create a viable means of treating and curing NIDs, finally curing his granddaughter Maria in the process. However Gerald's research takes a dark turn when he focuses too much strain on the Hyper-Go-On energy output, causing a warp which connects him to unseemly forces. His attention is turned towards the advancement and completion of the Biolizard.

After some time, seeing Gerald's great advancements in his scientific research, Grand Kingdom spies who are present within the Space Colony ARK report this to their underground government, which soon results in a battalion of soldiers disguised as G.U.N. troops coming on-board the ARK, assassinating Gerald Robotnik and seizing Project Shadow. Proj is captured by Grand Kingdom soldiers and taken away by their government, being sealed away and for the next 50 years, her Hyper-Go-On energy has been harness by the Grand Kingdom government for the nation to become a more super-powered military threat in the present. She is eventually set free by Mr. Julian Dogman, the grandson of her creator.

Obviously the biggest difference in characterization to her Earth-1 counterpart. Proj the Echidna is the Earth-4 counterpart of Shadow the Hedgehog, who was created in his place due to a spacial shift which causes Gerald to meet Mother Wisp instead of Black Doom. As a result of her placement instead of Shadow's, the entire course of history is changed up until the present day point, making the world a militarist civilization where stability is sustained with the use of "Ultimate Lifeform Weaponry", with each major country having one of their own in case the need to use them arose.

Knuckles the Echidna

Oblivious to the international conflicts all around the world, Knuckles remains mostly on his isolated island, not taking an interest in the world's affairs and focuses his entire time and attention on protecting the Master Emerald. Not seeing his so-called friends often, after the most recent incident involving the unleashing of Perfect Chaos, Knuckles could see something was different about Sonic, however it isn't of much concern to him as he was grateful he helped bring the Master Emerald back together. Most recently he has come in contact with Julian Dogman once again, whom Knuckles is still furious towards due to his previous destruction of the Master Emerald. However, Knuckles is shocked at the revelation of Proj the Echidna, another living Echidna besides himself, who has been sealed away by the Grand Kingdom government for quite some time. Learning that Sonic has teamed up with the government in order to capture and re-seal Proj, Knuckles agrees to help Dogman in order to protect the last Echidna besides himself. Knuckles poses as Sonic's biggest threat during these events.

Not much is different between Earth-1 and Earth-4 Knuckles, as the two mostly live isolated from the rest of the world and are unable to be affected by Earth's historical differences. However his ideology is tested when another Echidna besides himself is shown before him, and witnessing how man's cruelty can affect others, he decides to join the side of darkness for the greater good.

---

That's finally all done! Sorry for those who were waiting a while for the description, with the length of this you can see why I was wanting to put it off, hahaha. This is basically to detail my Earth-4 world which I've previously shown character concepts relating to it before. I plan to attempt to comic this world soon, beginning with an SA2 adaptation story which will feature these designs.

Other other major Earth-4 character concepts:

The Guardian Units of Nations - 'ULW Division'
Robert 'Ryker' Rose, Agent of G.U.N.
Project Faust - Solar the Tenrec
Project Rebirth - Dessa [UNLEASHED]
Dessa the Serpent
Tanica the Tenrec
Rogue the Mouse
The Nameless Redeemer
[E-123 Omega] - The Shadow Android
[Peter Parlouzer] - Ragnarok the Black Shadow
COAL

Other trivia notes:

- The name for the Parlouzer family is taken from the old Sonic manga, where Sonic's civilian identity is "Nicky Parlouzer". I've also carried over the Sonic Underground concept of Sonic being born of triplets. The civilian names of Sonic/Nicky's brothers, Peter and Jack, along with Nicholas' own name, they represent different seasonal holidays (Nicholas: Saint Nick/Santa Clause = Christmas, Peter: Saint Peter/Peter Rabbit = Easter, Jack: Stingy Jack/Jack O'Lantern = Halloween). I'll detail more about Sonia later when I show more about her.

- Likewise, Robotnik takes on the pseudo identity of "Mr. Julian Dogman". "Mr. Dogman" is the name Eggman takes on in the old Sonic manga, while "Julian" is taken from his identity in SatAM/Archie.

More...

Return to “Custom Ideas”