Playstation doesn’t work with official Sony controllers, but works with third party/knockoff Controllers

[Released: 1994] Sony entered into an agreement with Nintendo to develop a CD-ROM attachment, for the Super Nintendo. Due to contractual problems it was never released, and instead, a modified version was introduced by Sony called the PlayStation.

/playstation
Corporate

Playstation doesn’t work with official Sony controllers, but works with third party/knockoff Controllers

Post by /playstation »

Dug out my og Playstation (SCPH-7501) that’s been sitting in a box since I got my PS2 slim in ‘05. Fortunately it still loads game.
However I have some weird controller problems. I have working Dualshock 2 controllers, but they don’t work with the PS1. I bought two SCPH-1080s on eBay that were listed as tested and working (from two different reputable sellers) and they don’t work with the PS1 or my PS2 slim (70012).
However, I also have some quality controllers with names like PS-6000 and just a blank black Dualshock 2 lookalike and all of them work perfectly with the PS1!
Does this sound like a hardware fault with the PS1 or controllers? Have I run into some weird compatibility issue and I have to buy a specific model of controller?
Thanks for any help. I just want to play Spyro and Syphon Filter and Pro Skater 2 again ?

submitted by /u/Flowkeh
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation 1 Forum”