Hard Modded Xbox BIOS Issue?

[Released: 2001] The Xbox was Microsoft's first video game console after collaborating with Sega to port Windows CE to the Dreamcast console and was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996.

/xbox
Corporate

Hard Modded Xbox BIOS Issue?

Post by /xbox »

Hey everyone. I have been beating my head against the wall for 4 days now and still can't find the root of the issue. I'm hoping someone with more modding experience may have some answers for me. :/
I have been trying to setup a v1.4 Xbox with the MakeMHz's Open Xenium and HD+ kit. I had this kit in a v1.1 prior with no issues until the motherboard failed. So I transplanted it into this v1.4 machine and I cannot for the life of me get it to properly see and use partition F or G. (F & G worked fine in old machine.)
Full specs of what I'm working with:
Open Xenium and HD+ kit form MakeMHz
128MB Ram Upgrade
2TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA drive
Here's what I've tried so far:
Wiping the hard drive and doing a fresh install via TruHexen 2021, Hexen 2018, AID, and FatXplorer 2TB Preload Guide. All seem to do there job without issue until I load a dashboard. Then the file explorer shows only 120GB on "F" and "G" is either shown as 0MB free or Unavailable. Connect FTP and sometimes G is there other times there is no G to be found anywhere.
I've repacked, re-patched and reloaded the BIOS (M8Plus) every way I can think of included stating from scratch all over again. I have noticed that on all of the dashboards is shows BIOS unknown. BIOS Checker shows the same. If that makes any difference. I've been told MakeMHz patch will cause that?
I've tried a different hard drive (200GB IDE Maxtor) thinking maybe it was either my SATA adapter or 80 wire IDE cable, and I've even tried swapping out the DVD drive to a different one out of desperateness.
I have tried EvolutionX, UnleashX, XBMC4Gamers, XBMC-emustation (my preferred), Avalaunch dashboards all with the same results also making sure F & G were enabled where applicable.
At this point I'm wondering if either my M8+ bios has gotten corrupted or something in Xenium is messed up some how. At this point I don't know what else I can do or try. I've tried to locate a verified clean copy of M8+ but the only other copy I was able to locate was on Xbox-HQ's site locked behind a paywall. :/
Everything seems to boot and run fine except for not seeing the F & G properly, though I haven't attempted to play any games with it messed up either.
Any kind of help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated at this point. Thanks.

submitted by /u/ScanMan79
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Xbox Forum”