What cD/DVD burners and CD-Rs have you guys bought for your PSX backups? looking for technical recommendations for creating m

[Released: 1994] Sony entered into an agreement with Nintendo to develop a CD-ROM attachment, for the Super Nintendo. Due to contractual problems it was never released, and instead, a modified version was introduced by Sony called the PlayStation.

/playstation
Corporate

What cD/DVD burners and CD-Rs have you guys bought for your PSX backups? looking for technical recommendations for creating m

Post by /playstation »

For context, I only have a laptop that doesn't have a disc drive built into it, so I need an external disc drive, and I have a few empty 700mb Sony CD-Rs lying around the house. My main motive is to play those backups with patches from romhacking.net and use them on original hardware (specifically, and especially, my ps2 via tonyhax, since i want to keep my ps2 non-chipped), like the undub patch for xenogears. Do you guys have any recommendations (or good experiences) on an external disc drive that can burn CDs (and DVDs just in case) and also new empty CD-Rs that match the same result? And what recommendations do I need to do in order to burn those CD-Rs into usable game discs? Do I have to burn them as slow as possible? Do i have to burn both .bin and .cue files into the disc when burning?

submitted by /u/tsubasaplayer16
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation 1 Forum”