N64 Digital YPbPr issue

[Released: 1996] The console's design was revealed to the public for the first time in late Spring 1994. The N64 console was frequently marketed as the world's first 64-bit gaming system and sold 500,000 units in North America during its first four months.

/n64
Corporate

N64 Digital YPbPr issue

Post by /n64 »

Hey Reddit. I bought a couple of N64 Digitals at launch and just got around to installing one, a year and a half later. Everything works great on the HDMI side. I got it on Wifi and got it updated. I looked at the self test, and everything shows a heart.
HOWEVER, I am trying the analog side. It seems like I am missing a color when I try to do this on my CRT. I have the settings in the advanced settings for analog to "YPbPr". I know the CRT and RetroTink5X can handle that signal. But on the RetroTink5X, it comes in grey scale. On the CRT, it looks like the yellow signal is missing. On the Everdrive with the CRT, the highlighted folders are grey, not yellow. In Ocarina of time, the Kokori Forest shows up bluish.
My AV cable setup is the Wii/WiiU HD Retrovision component cable with the Wii/WiiU to GameCube/N64 adapter. The N64 Digital is an approved mod for this adapter.
I have checked continuity from the N64 Digital ribbon cable from each pad on the ribbon cable to pads 1-4 on the N64's analog connector. All of the checks out and none of them are bridged. Every pin is 1 to 1. I have tried using another identical cable from HD Retrovision and an another identical Wii/WiiU to GameCube/N64adapter.
Am I missing something settings wise?

submitted by /u/AdamAtomAnt
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Nintendo 64 Forum”