KMFDManic Xtreme Core Update for MD/SNES/NES/PSC/Amiga 500 Minis! CAVE Shmups! MAME LaserDiscs! Better SNES! And, so much mor

[Released: 2019] The PlayStation Classic is a dedicated video game console by Sony Interactive Entertainment that emulates games originally released on its 1994 PlayStation console.

/psxclassic
Corporate

KMFDManic Xtreme Core Update for MD/SNES/NES/PSC/Amiga 500 Minis! CAVE Shmups! MAME LaserDiscs! Better SNES! And, so much mor

Post by /psxclassic »

Release Link at way bottom of this page!:)
PSP Demonstration running at 720p HD Mode Activate! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk4OpbgNw2s&t=138s
10-31-22
Happy Halloween!
Being that Horror has always been my favorite genre, I will recommend some Horror to check out! Barbarian AND Smile were both fun theatrical watches! Hellraiser Reboot on Hulu is fun if you are a Clive Barker fan (Midnight Meat Train, Candyman 1 & 2, Lord of Illusions, Nightbreed, Book of Blood & Books of Blood [2 different adaptations!], Rawhead Rex, list goes on:)
My primary gripe with Hellraiser is that it forces out 5.1 surround sound, which screws things up for those who do not have a good sound system. It will likely sound like garbage on normal TV speakers! This means you may have to possibly crank up the volume to even hear it, or use leveling audio settings on your TV, if applicable, to get a decent experience! I miss the days where one could "choose" audio streams, which Blu-Ray Disks generally allow you to do! A majority of other movies/tv shows that do this were fine for me. Hellraiser was just an oddball that came out with low volume for me on about every device I tested it on, including my PC! Streaming Services really need to make it possible to "choose" audio streams, if it could be coded into the apps/websites reasonably!!!
X & Pearl were good "retro-styled" movies. For those who like found footage films ala Blair Witch Project, Chronicles, Afflicted...Deadstream on Shudder is an effective one:) Midnight Club is like Breakfast Club crossed with Are You Afraid of the Dark! Dahmer series, also on Netflix is "creepy" fodder, with great performances. My personal favorite recent Crime Series would be Black Bird on Apple TV! I feel both Dahmer and Black Bird may be nominated for awards of some kind, by Emmy's time! Stingray from Cobra Kai plays one of the protaganists in Black Bird, as well! I sense him going places in the acting world, future wise:) Rob Zombie's Munsters Love Letter will apply to fans of the original 60's era Addam's Family/Munsters macabre style, hehe. It is more of a kid's film than anything he has ever done before. Bright and bold, uniquely interesting for those that can get invested!
Why so long for THIS Release?!
Well, many factors play into each new concurrent Release, including motivation, real life, actual worthwhile additions, and of course, time to implement them all:) And, do not forget "testing, testing, testing!" Many things have happened this year for me and others involved in our projects. In my own personal life, two of my jobs were impacted by the "Covid Lockdowns". One of them consolidated into another location. The other job outright shut down. BUT, luckily, I was immediately offered employment at 2.5 times my previous rate, but much further away, drive wise! I have since adjusted to that grueling drive, hehe:) The consolidated job worked out, too. I ended up being kept on as IT Tech, and got a pay raise, there, as well. So, those jobs, along with my IT Tech self employment, have been able to help me make ends meet, as well as save some pocket change for the future!
My rescued cat of 13 years, developed a cancerous growth that couldn't be removed. And, unfortunately, she passed earlier in the year. After the initial grief had settled in, I suggested we give another "fur baby" a loving home. And, I one day found the perfect one for us when checking out the local humane society listings. And, upon meeting the lil kitten, the next day, I knew she would be a perfect fit. Since I adopted her, she has quickly adjusted to her new home, as did we her. She will forever be our "chaos kitten" now! She may be sleeping one moment, then running across my Rock Band and Electronic Drums and TV stand, the next, parkour, David Belle, straight out of District B13, style!...
Initially, since she was so tiny, we kept her in the bathroom at night. But, slowly, but surely, I gave her more and more freedom. There was "one" day, where I had to work, and my wife did, as well. And, I didn't want the new kitten to be couped up all day. We have our other 11 year old cat, who also adjusted to her, and her him! I messaged my wife to just let the "chaos kitten" be free and do what she wants. And, low and behold, she was absolutely fine:)
We still stuck to letting her sleep in the bathroom. She would cry a little, then finally settle down. One day, she decided to remodel the bathroom when she got bored. That was the day I decided, no more bathroom for her. And, she has since had 110 percent total freedom and run of the house. If she isn't running around like a mini tornado, she is usually cuddling on my lap, or sleeping next to me in bed! She has chosen to be quite inseparable from myself and my wife, and loves human contact. I have also caught her snuggling with our other cat, haha! For those of you who don't even like cats, if you think about it, cats are just dogs with attitude, anyways:)
In any case, the Amiga 500 Mini also came along. And, MadFranko strongly requested I get involved in that Scene. And, I decided to do just that. It has worked out quite nicely. Between the two of us, we have gotten some solid state of the art stuff up and running ON the system:) That will be part of this Release, as well!
Let's start out with two deceptively simple questions.."Does the movie make the song...Or, does the song make the movie?
  • Against All Odds = Phil Collins - Against All Odds
  • Over the Top = Kenny Loggins - Meet Me Halfway
  • St. Elmo's Fire = John Parr - Man in Motion
  • Top Gun = Kenny Loggins - Highway to the Danger Zone
What would you say YOUR personal favorite example/s would be? This could apply to TV Shows, as well...of course! For me, it is easily the untouchable Guns N' Roses - You Could Be Mine, from Terminator 2! As a kid, I was also a big fan of the movie Time Bandits, by Terry Gilliam, of Monty Python fame! I loved the end credits song Dream Away by George Harrison! And, I also loved the main song in Electric Dreams, called Together in Electric Dreams, by Philip Oakley of Human League!
Better Off Dead was a great John Cusack movie, with a song I was always fond of, With One Look (The Wildest Dream), by Rupert Hine. The first time I watched Young Einstein, with Yahoo Serious..I was blown away by the band Icehouse, who did the song Great Southern Land. They also did another more well known hit called Electric Blue, which...by the way, is a close tie to my all time favorite song...Take on Me by AHA! There are so many more I could bring up. But, I would absolutely love to see what gems any of you all, who are now reading my Release Notes, can muster up! And, please, don't say the "Baby Dancing song from Ally McBeal and Guardians of the Galaxy!"
In any case, here we are! Top Gun: Maverick has finally come out, and it was "most excellent"!:)
One thing I have always found frustrating is, delay after delay! Duke Nukem, etc! But, damn, if Top Gun: Maverick didn't get delayed so much that the planes in the movie are all rusted over by now! What movie, TV show, Game, etc., have you looked so forward to...to have your hopes shattered by a cancellation, and/or delay! For me, I was always a Jaws fan! I got very irritated to keep seeing Jaws Unleashed for Xbox, PC, PS2, get delayed again and again! It did finally come out! But, it had absolutely horrendous reviews. And, as a whole, was considered a complete flop! But, as a fan, I was able to appreciate it for what it was...Grand Theft Shark Auto! The ideas and concept were later honored in another game, Maneater! Maneater was and still is such a fun game! By the way, the original developers of Jaws Unleashed, Appaloosa, also made Contra: Legacy of War and Ecco: Defender of the Future, ALL 3 Ecco Games on Genesis AKA MegaDrive, Kolibri (amazing 32X game!) and Three Dirty Dwarves (flawless Sega Saturn Brawler!)
Top Gun: Maverick has finally come out, after several delays! Whether or not you are a Tom Cruise fan or not, there is no denying that he has been part of many great movies over the years, including Minority Report, American Made, Mission Impossibles, Edge of Tomorrow, Collateral, Last Samurai, The Color of Money, Rain Man! What is your favorite movie that he is in, be it you like his acting or not? For me, I would say Edge of Tomorrow! I love my time travel movies!
What other movies, TV Shows, Music, etc?
I have adjusted to my new job quite nicely. So many amazing coworkers there. I have been managing my time as well as I can, so that I can still have a little free time each week to catch up on the latest theatrical, streaming, etc., releases! I had fun with Nicolas Cage's The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. Like my mention above of "liking or disliking" Tom Cruise...some simply aren't fans of The Cage. But, I have always enjoyed him in about any and every movie I have seen him in. Obviously, Con-Air, The Rock, Face-Off, would be 3 of my favorites! Yours?
I got to see The Northman, which ironically, starred Alexander Skarsgard...who also played a character named Eric Northman in True Blood...! The movie was based on Hamlet, which was a Shakespeare Story based on an old Vikings Tale! Full Circle, and quite a fun movie, overall! Kind of reminded me of Arnold Schwarzenegger's Conan the Barbarian, with the stylistic approach of Francis Ford Coppola's Apocalypse Now!
Speaking of Coppola, did you know that Nicolas Cage's real name is Nicolas Coppola, and he is directly related to Francis...But, he changed his name, so as to be able to pave his own way! Also, speaking of Coppola, the biopic The Offer is an interesting watch (whether it is fudged or half-truth or whatever have you!) Biopics, Movies based on True Events or Stories, tend to always get cumulative complaints about how unreliable their overall depictions were. But, hey, it is meant to be entertainment! If they tried to make it as fact based as possible, it might be closer to the fun of watching paint dry! If they wanna have a flying unicorn in a Lolita Long Island Story, so be it! I also enjoyed watching Winning Time: Rise of the Lakers! Fun show, especially if you are at all a basketball fan! Jerry West's depiction drew complaints from him, saying he was nothing like that in real life! But, no matter the case, his character was a riot to watch!!!
Doctor Strange Sequel was a fun film, especially for anyone who is a Sam Raimi fan of the "Evil Dead" phase:) If you haven't seen WandaVision, the movie will not have as much impact. That is the most I can say. But, it is far less the typical superhero movie you would expect from Marvel, and more like a love letter to Evil Dead, by the original creator, with a Marvel Reskin!
Top Gun: Maverick...it fits into the category of movies that are arguably better than the originals. These include Terminator 2, Empire Strikes Back, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (note, Khan in the Star Trek Reboot was played by Benedict Cumberbatch, who also played Doctor Strange:), Godfather: Part 2 (which, by the way, the Paramount+ Series The Offer is a biopic about the creation of! Fun series, so far. But, do not take it to be 100 percent accurate:). What would you say YOUR personal favorite sequel that exceeds the original is!?
Bullet Train was fun, sparked of movies, such as John Wick AND Smokin' Aces, with some homages to Tarantino, and so on! I liked Orphan: First Kill. Usually, you wouldn't expect much out of a seemingly generic horror movie prequel/sequel. But, this was was well done, especially for a horror fan to enjoy!
Finished up Stranger Things. It was quite derivative of many, many other things I have seen...But, also enjoyable! I always had this thought that Eleven felt like she was straight out of the Anime, Elfen Lied! And, doing a quick search, I find that it was almost intentional as inspiration for her character! If you haven't seen Elfen Lied, be sure to check it out! It will most certainly remind you a bit of Eleven:) And, nice to see Metallica AND Kate Bush getting a surge in popularity, due to their being within the OST to the show! Speaking of OSTs!!! Just you wait:)
Lord of the Ring Series, House of the Dragon, Serpent Queen, all fun representations to check out, too! I will stop now, before I over-recommend. Check back in future Releases, as well as in my YouTube Videos, for more discussions about movies, tv shows, music, etc, to get into!
Scott Adkins is a great martial artist I have been following for nearly 20 years now, in many many movies. His latest movie, Accident Man Holiday is just one hell of a fun ride worth watching! I can go on and on about other shows and movies I would recommend, etc. But, I will save some of these for my next videos!
Now, for the Release!
Hope you all have been enjoying the Last Release! I did what I could to try to find more fun stuff to work into THIS one! And, there is, as usual...plenty to try out and appreciate! And, oh geeze...I have chatted with, and had sooooo many people test, feedback, etc, that it might take a novelette to thank each and every one of them! If any of YOU are reading these Release Notes, and want special thanks, just hit me up with a message, so I can amend these notes to include you!!!!!! Thank you all, your efforts and patience and determination are sooo greatly appreciated, as always:)! A few Cores were fixed up, such as BlueMSX, Intellivision, etc! So, if you were having issues with those, in the past, by all means...update to the new and latest fixed versions!
Note: All Minis refers to Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC-Amiga 500!)
  • Release Set Separation Anxiety!:) (All Minis!)
  • MAME 2003 Xtreme More Custom OSTs! (All Minis!)
  • Amiga 500 Mini RetroAami Xtreme Modification Release! (Amiga 500!)
  • Sonic Mania Decrypted! (Mini MD-SNES!)
  • Improved Compatibility for N64 Games! (All Minis!)
  • Fantastic SNES Boost! (All Minis!)
  • CAVE SHMUPS Performance Boost FTW! (Mini PSC-Amiga 500!)
  • MSU-1 CD OSTs SNES Faust Xtreme! (All Minis!)
  • MAME 2003 Plus Light Gun Auto Reload! (All Minis!)
  • Killer Instinct MAME 2003 Xtreme/Plus Performance/Speed Boost! (All Minis!)
  • Marble Madness II Support MAME 2003 Xtreme/Plus! (All Minis!)
  • NES Homebrew "Drow Tactics" Added to Mod Hub (Mini MD-S-NESC!)
  • MAME Arcade LaserDisc Game Time Traveler Support! (Mini PSC!)
  • Atari ST Hatari Xtreme! (All Minis!)
Release Set Separation Anxiety!:) (All Minis!)
Some of you have been with me since the beginning of the Mini Classic Scene, and some even "before" that, as far back as projects I have worked on in the 1990s! It has been a pleasure jumping around from project to project, no matter what the Scene, and seeing "some" of you following me for literally almost 25 years now! But, in the current grand scheme of things, this "Open World Mod Adventure" is getting a little too big for its britches! So, in that respect, there will now be 3 Separate Releases, moving forward...starting with THIS timeframe! One will be for MD/SNES/NES, another for PSC, and lastly, for the Amiga 500 Mini! I have been meaning to do this for awhile! So, now, you can grab JUST what you want, for your whichever platform/s of choice! Links for all of the Releases are hard linked way above at the top of this Release Page:)
Notes will be shared between them all, since I did what I could to get everything working on all of them, within reason! And, it is nice to sometimes read about and see what is possible on something else you may be contemplating checking out Note: to grab the MD/SNES/NES Release, you can scroll down way way way to the bottom of these Release Notes, and grab the .7z assets file, NOT the source zip file! You can also use the alternate links above, as secondary and third, etc, sources! I am leaving my last 2 Releases' worth of notes here, so those who are fresh into the Mini Scene, on the Amiga 500, can get an idea of some of the amazing stuff that has already been achieved, and is possible! You can use the alt link for MD/SNES/NES, to view notes over the last few years, for ALL of the nearly 100+ Releases I have done for the Mini Classics, up til this point! So, carry on my wayward son...and, without much further ado, here we go...everyone:)!!! You may need a drink and a bag of chips for these Notes:) Or, maybe a friggin' pizza!
MAME 2003 Xtreme More Custom OSTs! (All Minis!)
Those of you who have had the pleasure of checking out the Custom OSTs within MAME 2003 Xtreme/Plus, pretty much know exactly what to expect with this:) CD Soundtracks swapped out for the original hardware limited musics of the time:)
Status of the Custom OSTs, as a whole! Any who are interested in helping finalize and test any of these, feel free to join our Discord and shoot me a ping or pm:) Over a dozen are currently coded into 2003 Xtreme/Plus, however! Personal thanks to BigBlueFrontend, Gpstar81, Kurrono, Arcadez2003, Mahoneyt944, Grant2258, MistyDreams and anyone else who has been involved in this amazing side project!
  • Bad Dudes (WIP)
  • Bionic Commando (WIP)
  • Cave Ninja AKA Joe & Mac (incomplete) (added to Xtreme) (samples NOT finished)
  • Contra (incomplete) (added to Xtreme/Plus) (samples NOT finished)
  • CPS1 Trio - Forgotten Worlds, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Strider (WIP)
  • Double Dragon (complete) (added to Xtreme/Plus) (samples available)
  • Double Dragon II (WIP)
  • Final Fight (complete) (added to Xtreme/Plus) (samples available)
  • Ghosts 'n Goblins (incomplete) (added to Xtreme) (samples NOT finished)
  • Haunted Castle (incomplete) (added to Xtreme) (samples NOT finished)
  • Ikari Warriors (complete) (added to Xtreme/Plus) (samples available)
  • Moonwalker (complete) (added to Xtreme/Plus) (samples available)
  • New Zealand Story AKA Kiwi Craze (WIP)
  • NBA Jam (complete) (added to Xtreme/Plus) (samples available)
  • OutRun (complete) (added to Xtreme/Plus) (samples available)
  • RoboCop (complete) (added to Xtreme/Plus) (samples available)
  • RollerGames (WIP)
  • Shinobi (complete) (added to Xtreme) (samples available)
  • Splatterhouse (WIP)
  • Street Fighter I (complete) (added to Xtreme/Plus) (samples available)
  • Street Fighter II (complete) (added to Xtreme/Plus) (samples available)
  • TMNT (WIP)
  • Ultraman (incomplete) (added to Xtreme) (samples NOT finished)
  • Volleyball (WIP)
Amiga 500 Mini RetroAami Xtreme Modification Release! (Amiga 500!)
This was a long time coming, everyone! So many variables have made this a little more complicated than the typical Release. For starters, I didn't even initially have an Amiga 500 Mini! But, MadFranko was quite persistent that I get one, and get onboard. It took a little bit of coaxing. But, once I obliged his offer to "gift me" an Amiga 500, there was no looking back! He initially was inspired by Team Pandory, in their original implementation of the hack. But, upon digging further into the semantics of things, it was decided we should go in an entirely different direction. We both had several real life drama complications keep setting us back! And, of course, it became a little difficult to fully agree on just WHAT the final version of RetroAami would entail! We kept talking shop, and running around in circles, on what he wanted to do, and what I wanted to do, hehe. But, at the end of the day, it was furthermore decided our friendship mattered so much more than RetroAami. And, here we are!
You will be able to do many things on the Amiga 500 Mini that you cannot do on other Minis, including running N64, Dreamcast, MAME, etc, significantly better than on the MD/SNES/NES/PSC, as the clock speed is even HIGHER than that of the PSC...at a nifty, roughly 1.8 Ghz! The main drawback to the system is that it has 512 MB of RAM! It would have been super nice to have at least 1 GB like the PSC has! But, it has all worked out, with this amazing Release! You can try LudicrousN64 Xtreme (My personal N64 Core), MAME 2003 Xtreme, and many other Xtreme Cores, that help performance and speed prevail in many games one might want to play! You can see many Amiga 500 Demonstrations on my YouTube Channel. Enjoy!:) Also, thanks kowa, for helping test things on the Amiga side!!! You rock:)
Sonic Mania Decrypted! (Mini MD-SNES!)
You can "purchase" the game via Steam (20 USD, on sale frequently, however!), etc, legally! Encore DLC will work, as well. And, honorably, it would be a wise idea to also purchase that:) And, it can be run on the Mini SNES/MD, for now:) You can also run it on the NES Classic, if you have MD/SNES Firmware! If any of you need help with this more specialized set-up, let me know. And, I can best guide you and/or do a video tutorial showing how to pull this off!
Yep, what many have considered another impossible thing to run on the Mini Classics, is now very much possible, starting with the SNES and MD Mini Classics! Personal thanks to DanTheMan827 for his incredible efforts in helping port this over to the Minis, as well as Rubberduckycooly and his team for decompiling the coding of Sonic Mania, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic CD!!! Sonic Mania will be their FINAL project. So, do not expect Sonic 3 to be decrypted anytime soon!
But, for now, SONIC MANIA Plus, hell yeah!:) I bought this game on my PS4, and it quickly became part of my backlog. You are seeing me play it for the very first time in this video! To my surprise, it is easily one of the most fun games I have ever had the pleasure of playing!
To get up and running, download Sonic Mania from Hakchi, Modules, KMFD Mod Hub, and copy the Data.rsdk into the CLV folder that Sonic Mania installs to! Have fun with this truly phenomenal game:)
Improved Compatibility for N64 Games! (All Minis!)
Games like Dr. Mario now work fine with LudicrousN64 Xtreme Accuracy Core! Frame Buffers aren't fully compatible with the Mini Classics, unfortunately. So, I had to take some special strides to get some games, such as Dr. Mario to be feasibly playable. If you had a game with "graphic glitches" before, retest on the Accuracy Build, with this Release! Pokemon Snap also works. But, it requires just a little additional special set-up to run. I will have to do a video on this and a few other special case scenario games:)
Fantastic SNES Boost! (All Minis!)
Tired of running SNES games slow? Some games run incredibly slow, no matter what Core you try them on! Well, this is no longer a problem. Mednafen Faust Xtreme, updated for this Release, can run MOST SNES games full speed, including FX, and other such special chip games! This is now my go to Core for quite a few games. Even games like Mega Man X2, the Water Stage, handle far better! It gets even better, as you will see, a little down in these Release Notes!!!
CAVE SHMUPS Performance Boost FTW! (Mini PSC-Amiga 500!)
Like Killer Instinct, which I kept poking at, I really really wanted to run CAVE Shmups, such as Deathsmiles, Mushihimesama, Mushihimesama Futari, etc, better on the Minis! Personal thanks to the FBNEO Team, including dinkc64, who is one of the great developers I have had the pleasure of collaborating with in the past when it came to stuff like the Coleco SGM games! In any case, I am ecstatic to now have these working "reasonably well". I did quite a few builds to get this to a point where I deemed things "somewhat playable!" Lag spikes and slowdown are far less prevalent and much more tolerable. I will showcase more of "how" this set-up works, if need be, and any of you are piqued enough to dive into the shmup'awesomeness!:)
MSU-1 CD OSTs SNES Faust Xtreme! (All Minis!)
MSU-1 AKA a Custom Coding addition by the late, great, byuu, is essentially an add-on that allows one to run Custom FULL CD soundtracks, in lieu of the originals, for many many SNES games! Typically, attempting to run many of these on the Mini Classics, would have one enduring tremendous lag and slowdowns, especially in Zelda 3!!! Not anymore! With Mednafen Xtreme Faust, most of them now run near flawlessly, with little or no slowdown!!!:)
MAME 2003 Plus Light Gun Auto Reload! (All Minis!)
I will for sure have to do a video tutorial on this one, as it is a very nice implementation that Mahoneyt944 helped get up and running, that allows one to Map a Reload Button, so that when you SHOOT with your GUN/Controller/Mouse, it auto jumps off the screen, then right back to the last known position you shot from, upon a reload. It is one of the absolute best additions that truly helps make Light Gun fare far more enjoyable!!!!
Killer Instinct MAME 2003 Xtreme/Plus Performance/Speed Boost! (All Minis!)
This was a really big milestone for me, personally. In playing Killer Instinct Arcade, I noticed there was a built in cheat, where you could go "double speed". I thought, what if we took this to the next level, and modified things so that we could utilize this on the "slower Mini Classics", so that we could go triple, quadruple, etc, speed. And, hell yeah, it paid off in a big way. Use MAME 2003 Xtreme Cheats, Updated, with R2, and you can now change how fast your P1/P2 Move/Attack! Obviously, "outdoor" stages with more environmental details, will still be a little rough around the edges. But, indoor stages are now almost a miracle! Thanks Mahoneyt944 for your help in converting some of this fun stuff, cheat code wise, as well as Abystus! Note, to even get to this point with 2003 Xtreme to handle Killer Instinct, I must have gone through a good 200+ builds, to try to get as optimal as I could performance/speed! This parlayed into fixing up MANY other games, such as the Taito F3 games, too!:) Darius FTW!
Marble Madness II Support MAME 2003 Xtreme/Plus! (All Minis!)
Me, in an Arcade, many years ago...Space Harrier, Badlands (laserdisk), Xybots, Marble Madness!!! I was in love with the style of gameplay that was Marble Madness, from that point forward. I was super excited to find that an unreleased version of Marble Madness II turned up. And, it was even more amazing to have the great help of the MAME 2003 Team, to get this operational in 2003 Xtreme! Thank you Mahoneyt944, Arcadez2003, and all else involved!!! Also, thank the original people involved in dumping this masterpiece, and coding it into current MAME! Just need Kung Fu 2 "unreleased" next:)
NES Homebrew "Drow Tactics" Added to Mod Hub (Mini MD-S-NESC!)
Somehow this fantastic gem of a tactical strategy game escaped my last Release! Thank you Jonny Manjiro for creating this awesome game! Do not ever be modest on the fun times you have given me with your creations, that you have spent many many many hours making! Drow Tactics now added to the Mod Hub! Showcase of this in action, here!:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQYjjuUkXRU&t=849s
MAME Arcade LaserDisc Game Time Traveler Support! (Mini PSC!)
This is one of my personal favorite implementations, as I am very nostalgic when it comes to laserdisk games, such as Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc. This particular game, Time Traveler, is a Live Action game, that sorta plays like the Shadow of the Beast Remake! I have wanted to run it for many years! And, it was a pure pleasure to finally get a chance to play it, at home! I just need to get Konami's Badlands going, and I will be happy! Badlands is a Western Themed Laserdisk game, with animation similar to COPS and MASK cartoon series!!!
Atari ST Hatari Xtreme! (All Minis!)
It was about time I got back to trying to fix this up for the Minis! The last Core was a mess, with low compatibility, bad sound, and many other issues, including slow, choppy games! SOO much better now! Thanks Xyphious for your amazing test results!
TOS images:
  • TOS104UK - Best for general compatibility
  • TOS162UK & TOS206UK - Both work well and may resolve issues with certain games but can cause issues with others
  • EmuTOS 1.2.1 has been tested and works well but there are issues with some games loading such as 1943 and Crack Down
Testing was performed with standard Hatari settings and no tweaks were made to CPU, memory or system type.
ROM notes:
  • Hatari supports .ST, .STX and .MSD files
  • Disk catalogues such as Automation, Pompey Pirate and Medway Boys have been tested and confirmed working
  • Some Atari ST games are slow to load. Pressing L1 will display your current input but the flashing green letter A on the right side of the bar denotes disk activity. If this is flashing is means the ROM is being read and the system has not crashed. Cannon Fodder, Dungeon Master and Shinobi are a few titles noted to load a little slowly but DO work eventually.
  • There big differences in available rom files. Pure rips can be tricky to find, there are a lot of scene/cracker versions available. For example, Wizball has many versions available. Some of which did not work with this release.
  • The majority of the Automation disks, Medway Boys and Pompey Pirate disks work fine.
  • Try finding a few versions of each ROM and test to avoid frustration.
  • Many games with cracker menus require a button press to proceed. Usually it will be ESC, Spacebar, F1 or any key. If a title is loading but you cannot proceed, read the text on screen as it will usually tell you what to press
Fully tested games:
  • EmuTos 1.2.1 TOS104UK TOS162UK TOS206UK Additional notes
  • 1943 Not working Working Working Working
  • Beyond the Ice Palace Working Working Working Working
  • Black Lamp Working Working Working Working
  • Buggy Boy Working Working Working Working
  • Cannon Fodder Working Working Working Working Slow to load
  • CarVup Working Working Working Working Pompey Pirates version
  • Chase HQ Working Working Working Working
  • Chopper X Working Working Working Not working
  • Crack Down Not working Working Working Working Automation version
  • Dungeon Master Working Working Working Working Slow to load
  • Gods Working Working Working Working
  • Hard Drivin' Working Working Working Working
  • Ikari Warriors Working Working Working Working
  • Lethal Weapon Working Working Working Working
  • Marble Madness Working Working Working Working
  • Mighty Bombjack Working Working Working Working
  • No Second Prize Working Working Working Working
  • OutRun Working Working Working Working Slow to load
  • Paperboy Working Working Working Working
  • Return to Genesis Working Working Working Working
  • Roadwars Working Working Working Working
  • R-Type II Working Working Working Working
  • Seconds Out Working Working Working Working
  • Shinobi Working Working Working Working Slow to load
  • Skull & Crossbones Working Working Working Working
  • Space Harrier Working Working Working Working
  • Starquake Working Working Working Working
  • Summer Olympiad Working Working Working Working
  • Test Drive Working Working Working Working
  • Thundercats Working Working Working Working
  • Toki Working Working Working Working
  • U.N Squadron Working Working Working Working
  • Wizball Working Working Working Working
  • Xenon Working Working Working Working
  • Zynaps Working Working Working Working
If you made it this far, thank you for your time! Enjoy the friggin' Release!
And, of course, the Release Link!
https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC ... s/releases

submitted by /u/MDFMKanic
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation Classic Forum”