Fallout games only freezing

[Released: 2013] Moving away from its predecessor's PowerPC-based architecture, the Xbox One marks a shift back to the x86 architecture used in the original Xbox; it features an AMD Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) built around the x86-64 instruction set.

/xboxone
Corporate

Fallout games only freezing

Post by /xboxone »

For the past few months I've been trying to play Fallout 4. At first, the game would freeze/crash only after a couple hours of playing. It progressively took less and less play time to do this, until I couldn't even play for 10 minutes before it would stop. The weird part is, most of the time, even though the graphics froze and I couldn't pull up game menus, the backing music would still play. I did everything I could think of from restarting the Xbox to deleting old saves to deleting unused apps and games. I eventually got so fed up I deleted all my saves and have yet to work myself up to trying to start a new game.
During this time, I finished a replay of Fable 2 and started a playthrough of Fable Anniversary and my dad got back into Forza on the same console. None of these games have had any freezing/crashing issues. I recently decided to try out Fallout New Vegas and until yesterday, was having no issues. I played maybe an hour and the game crashed.
What could possibly be going on and how might I fix it if I'm not having these issues with any other games? I love the Fallout franchise and I'd hate to have to stop playing them because my Xbox can't run them.

submitted by /u/trytobesweet
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Xbox One Forum”