Leaderboards no longer working in Xbox 360?

[Released: 2005] As the second console from Microsoft, the XBOX 360 completely sold out upon release in all regions except in Japan. About 33% of all consoles became defective making it the most unreliable console ever created.

/xB360
Corporate

Leaderboards no longer working in Xbox 360?

Post by /xB360 »

Hey all. I came back to playing Xbox 360 a few weeks ago, and was greatly enjoying all the nostalgia and whatnot, mostly with all the exclusive shmup games the console got.
However, around a week ago or so, I stopped being able to access or post in leaderboards for all games I've tried so far. Some games show an error ("Failed to place your score" in Radiant Silvergun), others simply fail to access with no error message.
I know my Internet is fine because I can access other stuff within Xbox Live. Also, feels like my console's inner battery/memory/whatever may be failing because unless I connect to Xbox Live when turning the console on, the clock is always reset to 12h (unless it was always like that?). Other than that, I see no issues with my console.
When I contacted Microsoft's customer support, the assistant, who didn't even know what leaderboards were, suddenly just told me Xbox 360 leaderboards are down forever and then just cut me off mid-conversation and closed the chat, refusing to give me any more support on the basis that 360 is no longer supported (probably one of the worst customer support experiences I've had, honestly).
So I have 2 questions here:
1. Is it just me who lost access to leaderboards?
2. If it's just me, does anyone know what could cause this?
Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Raikoh_Katsushiro
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Xbox 360 Forum”