Playstation Video Cable Comparison Images

[Released: 1994] Sony entered into an agreement with Nintendo to develop a CD-ROM attachment, for the Super Nintendo. Due to contractual problems it was never released, and instead, a modified version was introduced by Sony called the PlayStation.

/playstation
Corporate

Playstation Video Cable Comparison Images

Post by /playstation »

Image Playstation Video Cable Comparison
SCART RGB with RetroTink 5x
I hope someone can find this useful. I didn't find many resources showing the differences between cable types and the scalers. They were also usually videos, which I find harder to see the differences.
I reached a milestone in the journey of exploring video output on the original Playstation.
This started when I was trying to play Resident Evil 2 on composite cables and the text was all garbled with a checkerboard pattern.
The above image shows the best I've been able to get which is an SCART RGB cable with a RetroTink 5x. When I got this cable, I was pretty shocked by the improvement. I can also now play PAL region games on my US NTSC TV since the RetroTink 5x is sending the right color space.
Apologies for the kind of blurry / tilted / glare-including shots. I think it gives a decent impression of what you can expect on an LCD TV.
If anyone has better comparisons, I'd love to see those too.
Thanks!

submitted by /u/pikapomelo
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation 1 Forum”