Trying to find (what seems like) an obscure PSX RPG?

[Released: 1994] Sony entered into an agreement with Nintendo to develop a CD-ROM attachment, for the Super Nintendo. Due to contractual problems it was never released, and instead, a modified version was introduced by Sony called the PlayStation.

/playstation
Corporate

Trying to find (what seems like) an obscure PSX RPG?

Post by /playstation »

Hi everyone! First post here so far, so bear with me if this is a bit lengthy!
Some backstory - I work at a Half Price Books (used bookstore in North America that also sells video games and some other stuff too), and a few weeks back someone sold us a bunch of PS1-era games, mostly PS1. I remember seeing a game in the stack of stuff that in my head, looked as though it was a sorta predecessor to Kingdom Hearts in a way. There were little key motifs on the box art (standard skeleton key type one, not too stylized), and again, it looked sorta like it'd be a predecessor to Kingdom Hearts as far as character design goes. Pretty sure it was some form of JRPG/RPG/ARPG(?) from what the back of the box seemed to say, but I can't be fully sure. Obviously I don't know what the gameplay looked like, since I only saw the box art, and that was only for a few minutes. ...It's also entirely possible that it was a game for the Dreamcast, but I'm pretty certain it was PS1.
I've looked through a ton of websites ranking obscure/lesser known JRPGS of the time, I've looked at all the box arts for licensed PS1 games in North America, and asked a couple friends who are big collectors of older games, all to no avail thus far. If anyone can help me find this game, or help with any other avenues that I could possibly use to search for it, let me know! I'd appreciate the help greatly.

submitted by /u/The_Fomortal
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation 1 Forum”