HumbleBazooka BlueRetro and 8BitDo M30 & N30 Mapping PC Engine

The HuCard is a ROM cartridge in the form of a card, designed for NEC's PC-Engine and PC Engine SuperGrafx video game consoles, which premiered in 1987 and 1989, respectively. In the United States, where marketed as the TurboGrafx-16, the HuCard is alternately called the TurboChip.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

HumbleBazooka BlueRetro and 8BitDo M30 & N30 Mapping PC Engine

Post by /turboG16 »

Since these controllers are not shown in the Source dropdown I ended up having success mapping these controllers by selecting the Xbox One S/XS as the source and then remapping the PCE/Turbografx buttons as follows. No need to change D-Pad.
GamePad (2-Button Mode) [TH="align: left"]Source[/TH] [TH="align: left"]Destination[/TH] [TH="align: left"]Controller[/TH] [TH="align: left"]Controller[/TH]
Xbox One S/XS PCE M30 N30
X II (Turbo) X TB
B I B A
A II A B
Y I (Turbo) Y TA
Menu Run Start Start
View Select (-) Select
GamePadAlt (6-Button Mode) [TH="align: left"]Source[/TH] [TH="align: left"]Destination[/TH] [TH="align: left"]Controller[/TH]
Xbox One S/XS PCE M30
X IV X
B II B
A III A
Y IV Y
Menu Run Start
View Select (-)
RB VI Z
RT I C
LT Info Only/Not Used R
LB Info Only/Not Used L
Notes:
Firmware V1.7.3
I have not tried this with the Turbografx version of adapter yet but assume it would work with same mapping.
I did perform the 6 Button Mode Fix mentioned on the HumbleBazooka PCE BT webpage before enabling GamePadAlt and mapping.
I tested 6 Button on Street Fighter II' and all the buttons showed under options and aligned with the expected PCE buttons on the M30. Suppose you could try and map L & R on the N30 to VI & I but I didn't bother trying that.
The only thing that is strange still is that when leaving the BT adapter in GamePadAlt 6 Button mode and trying 2 button games there is a total mismatch and Run acts like it has turbo and everything goes crazy. Not sure if this is related to firmware, the adapter, PCE, the XBOX being source. Toggling back to 2 button GamePad mode everything is back to normal. I purchased 2 adapters in different colors so I may leave one for 6 button and the other for 2 button game play for now.
Hope this helps someone else with these adapters and the 8BitDo controllers. Glad I can retire the PCE rig I had with a Brooks PCE-->Mayflash-->8BitDo USB Wireless Adapter just to use the M30.
If anyone has other ideas for the 6 button wackiness on 2 button games please post what I might be missing. Unless this is still something do with the 6 button mode fix???

submitted by /u/eems01
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “TurboChip/HuCard Forum”