Question about touch screen LCD pinning.

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Question about touch screen LCD pinning.

Post by /RaspberryPi »

So, short version, I'm working with a limited space inside of tight confines, so I'm playing Tetris with parts already. I want to know something very specific about the LCD) I'm using. It shows that it makes connection on both 5v pins as well as both 3.3v pin. Are all of these necessary for the LCD to function? If no, which of the power pins do I absolutely need for the visual to function?
Specific notes: I am not using the touch screen capabilities of this, so I'm already removing pins 11, 19, 21, 23, and 26 from the list of things I'm jumping from the pi to the screen. (Remember that thing about limited space? Yeah. I can't afford to put headers on my PZ2 and plug them together. I'm soldering wires straight to the pi.) I'm really hoping someone has tested one of the variations of this model with one 3.3v hook up because that will make my life a *lot* easier.

submitted by /u/Dragonorb13
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”