How can I connect to a VPN network from the Pi over WiFi?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

How can I connect to a VPN network from the Pi over WiFi?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Hi all,
Bit of a noob to VPNs and WiFi in general, but essentially, what I’m trying to achieve is to setup my Pi 4 to connect to a VPN network) so that I can access my host computer for moonlight streaming via the internet.
The issue I’m coming across at the moment is that, whenever I try to connect to my WiFi network from the Pi, the IP address of the Pi seems to get overridden with the WiFi address I’ve connected the Pi to. Ideally, in simple terms, what I want to achieve is:
1) Leave my home (host) PC online, connected to a VPN (ZeroTier) so I can access it virtually 2) Connect my Pi to any private network, such as cafe, airport or tethering hotspot and access the PC remotely 3) Prevent the virtual IP address of the host PC from getting overwritten by the wifi settings of number 2 connection above.
Apologies for the basic question but I would appreciate some help! I think what I need to do is set up multiple IP addresses via the same wlan0 port, but I may be wrong. Would appreciate any help! Thank you.

submitted by /u/StonedEdge
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”