Missing iscsi_target_mod for targetcli on Ubuntu 22.04 64-bit

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Missing iscsi_target_mod for targetcli on Ubuntu 22.04 64-bit

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I have a fresh Ubuntu 22.04 64-bit install on a Raspberry Pi 4, which I plan to use it as a iSCSI server. I have existing iSCSI servers on RP4 using Ubuntu 20.04.
I ran apt install targetcli-fb, which is all I needed to do on earlier builds.
I am getting this error:
~$ sudo targetcli ls b'modprobe: FATAL: Module iscsi_target_mod not found in directory /lib/modules/5.15.0-1013-raspi\n
On my other Pi running Ubuntu 20.04 with targetcli, I can find this file: /lib/modules/5.4.0-1068-raspi/kernel/drivers/target/iscsi/iscsi_target_mod.ko
On this Pi running Ubuntu 22.04, I have a similar folder at /lib/modules/5.15.0-1013-raspi/kernel/drivers/target but it contains the file target_core_mod.ko and not iscsi_target_mod.ko.
I've not come across this before, and I can't find anything online about this specific error.
For other missing modules, the suggested fix is sudo apt install --reinstall linux-modules-5.15.0-1013-raspi. That did not fix it.
Anyone else seen this before?

submitted by /u/PeterJoAl
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”