Problem login into a fresh pi via ssh, after creating userconf

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Problem login into a fresh pi via ssh, after creating userconf

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Hello folks!
I flashed the latest raspbian lite to an sdcard, then tried to ssh into it. Because of the new user policy, it did not work, so i followed the instructions.
I created a file named userconf, containing just one line, with username:hash, where hash is the result of the following command :
[INDENT] echo 'password' | openssl passwd -6 -stdin
[/INDENT] Problem : when i try to login, i get an error :
[INDENT] Permission denied, please try again.
[/INDENT] I tried with or without the quotes, and various stuff (even tried to paste the hash when prompted for the password), but no luck.

I noted that when i run the command multiple times i get different results. COnsidering that it is supposed to be a hash, i don't understand this, isn't the hash supposed to be the same each time?
What could i do to be able to setup raspberry pis headless? Plugging a keyboard and monitor is not a solution here, i need to be able to automate deployment of pis!

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/sarinkhan
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”