Mass copy Pi Sd card to 50 pi’s with different Ip & Hostname

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Mass copy Pi Sd card to 50 pi’s with different Ip & Hostname

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Title pretty much cover it. I wrote a python script that reads data incoming via UART and then uses selenium to open a specific URL via chrome to an internal web address. I am needing to deploy the exact python script to 49 more pi’s efficiently.
My current approach is that of the cavemen.
  • I have my “baseâ€￾ pi booted up with the sd card I am wanting to copy from.
  • I put in a new sd card via usb reader, and then use ‘sd card copy’ to flash the new card.
  • After the process is complete, I edit: /etc/hosts /etc/hostname /etc/dhcpcd.conf to change the hostname and static IPv4.
Other INFO:
  • Wifi only, Ethernet is not available.
  • No internet connectivity is available after they are deployed, only local network
  • Local network does not resolve hostname (Potentially an issue on my part)
  • Each pi needs to be 'Unique' as i am using them to send data to a server.
END GOAL:
[INDENT] I would like to be able to set the pi's up so that our Technicians can grab the pi's and install them onto the machines in the plant. I don't have enough time to deploy the pi's and set them up in the plant. Each Pi has vnc enabled and if anything needs changing i will change it with VNC.
[/INDENT] Edit:
  • Formatting
  • Added Other Info
  • Added End Goal

submitted by /u/SouthernLGND
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”