[Help] WS2812b Inconsistent Colors/Wrong Colors

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

[Help] WS2812b Inconsistent Colors/Wrong Colors

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I'm working on an ambilight setup for my TV using Hyperion and I've run into an issue getting the LED strip colors right. The LED strip is being powered by a 5 V 20 A power supply and I've got 133 LEDs (cut from a 5m 300 LED strip). I'm running Hyperion on a Raspberry Pi 3A+ and I'm using a level shifter between the Pi and the LED strip. The LEDs all light up equally bright no issues with that BUT the colors aren't right. The first 19 LEDs are the correct color, but the rest aren't. It almost looks like the first set of LEDs are GRB but then the rest are BGR and I can't get all the LEDs to be the same color no matter how much I try. The first 19 will be green and the rest are red for example.
I also tried using the Adafruit NeoPixel library in Python to set the colors in case it was some strange Hyperion issue but I had the same exact problem.
I'm at a loss for how to even trouble shoot anymore, if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears or if there's a more appropriate place to ask for help I'm happy to be directed there!

submitted by /u/JustAClassicGuy
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”