turbo grafx CD troubleshooting help please

The CD-ROM² is an add-on attachment for the PC Engine that was released in Japan in 1988 and allows the core versions of the console to play PC Engine games in CD-ROM format in addition to standard HuCards. This made the PC Engine the first video game console to use CD-ROMs as a storage media.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

turbo grafx CD troubleshooting help please

Post by /turboG16 »

I purchased turbo grafx cd rom, dock and system card. When i turn it on with system card in all i get is a white screen and not power to the cd rom, instead of the expected load cd screen. I plug the cd rom directly to dc power and hit play and the led lights up and displays 0 but will not spin or progress audio tracks. if i put a normal tg16 game in while dock it loads and plays fine, both with and without the cd rom attached. from this i am guessing i have a bad system card as no matter which way i have it plugged in i get a white screen, and the cd rom has some sort of power issue as its not able to spin up audio cds when plugged directly to dc power (recap maybe?). I have limited experience with the cdrom/dock but used to own one and never remember getting a white screen with system card plugged in. could someone whos familiar with this system please provide insight? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/mastav79
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “CD-ROM²/Super CD-ROM²/Arcade CD-ROM² Forum”