need help, no response from GPIO pins?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

need help, no response from GPIO pins?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

So, I'm working on a personal project, and it is my first time messing with raspberry pi. It's a raspberry pi 4b 2gb, and it's running raspbian. Because it's the first time I've used raspberry pi and it's been a while since I've done any c++, I made a simple blinky LED program just to make sure I can sufficiently interact with the GPIO.
The code runs fine, I even had it print to terminal every time the LED is supposed to be turned on, and again when it turns off. I'm using the wiringPi library, even though it's not supported anymore, but I tried the pigpio library and was getting the same result.
The LED is connected to Ground pin (physical location pin 9) and the GPIO25 (physical location number 22). I can plug the wire from GPIO25, to a 3.3v pin and the light turns on fine, so I'm getting power to the GPIO pins.
I don't know how to check the authority/permissions for use of ground pins, but I'm the only user on the pi, so according to the pi manual I should have access? Tried to give myself access and got an error code. Can someone please help me.

submitted by /u/enlight3nd0n3
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”