Family media server on a Raspberry Pi 400. Is it doable?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Family media server on a Raspberry Pi 400. Is it doable?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I apologize in advance for my lack of networking knowledge. I want to start a project but I have zero networking experience.
I want to know if this two-stage plan is doable on a RPi400 (and also please point me in the right direction, networking-terms-wise).
Stage one: What I want to do is to hook up two 4TB hard disc drives to a RPi400, and have them both save the same files on both drives. This way, if one of the drives fail after a few years, the other one has everything backed up. (There must be a networking term or a similar technology for what I have in mind, please enlighten me).
Stage two: have the RPi400 connected to the internet 24/7, and anyone with the right credentials can upload/download files from the server.
How doable is this, and do you guys have any resources that I could read on this topic?
Thank you for your time

submitted by /u/Xyo1
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”