AnyDesk to Raspberry Pi 4B without monitor?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

AnyDesk to Raspberry Pi 4B without monitor?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Ive been using ssh to connect to a Raspberry Pi that has no monitor, but I found out about Anydesk. I tried it out (when there was a monitor) and it worked! And continued to work after I unplugged the monitor.
I then rebooted the Pi without a monitor and connected to it via ssh and ran the same anydesk command to turn on the application, but nothing happened. I even tried connecting it using the app on my Windows 10 machine and got the error code display_server_not_supported. I found a StackOverflow with the same error, but a different scenario, and the fix was to edit a line of code in /etc/gdm3/custom.conf. I looked, and it is not on my Pi. There isn't even a gdm3 directory.
So my question: Is there some way to trick the raspberry Pi into thinking there is a monitor? Or is there something else that I need to do in order to AnyDesk to a Pi without a monitor?
Feel free to ask for more information!

submitted by /u/Sombody101
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”