Raspberry pi and analogue USB TV

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Raspberry pi and analogue USB TV

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I have a really dumb question, and my Googling is hitting a dead end.
I have an old analogue USB TV adapter. I have limited desk space (WFH means I have less desk space for personal stuff) and want to use some of my old gear. I can't get an old CRT and use that.
I thought outside the box - "I used to mess around with an old WinTV stick ages ago", so bought a second hand one off ebay...
The device works - sort of. Windows PC sees it as an unknown device, and the drivers are too old to install on Win10/11. Not a problem, I have a pi I can use.
I have seen discussions about which type of USB stick to get, and which driver, and where to out that driver...
What I have not found is what software to use to tune and view stuff!
Hauppage's site mentions installing kaffeine, which I have done, but that has options for file/audio cd/video cd/dvd/digital TV. Digital TV looks like it is only wanting to work with a digital adapter.
So, the bottom line question after that back story is: What software can I use to view analogue television on a raspberry pi?

submitted by /u/hampshirebrony
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”