HDMI port powered without monitor but cord connected?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

HDMI port powered without monitor but cord connected?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I have a raspberry pi4B+ that I have set up in my rack alongside my network equipment. I run it headless and it’s been a great unit for the past two or so years.
I recently had a catastrophic failure of the SD card, but thankfully had a recent backup. When I was first diagnosing things, at one point I could no longer ssh into the pi.
Meanwhile, I have a mini-HDMI to HDMI cord connected to a HDMI to DVI converter (I think passive), which works great for such a moment and let me determine I needed a new SD card.
As I have a keystone patch panel, I was thinking of leaving the mini-HDMI cable connected into a keystone, but not plug in the DVI converter, leaving the full size HDMI disconnected. Does anyone know if the HDMI output on the pi4 remains powered in this scenario? While I know the command the statically turn on/off the port, I don’t know how to check the current state of it, or else I could just test that out. So if someone knows the answer or the vcgencmd display command to use, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

submitted by /u/pyrite-harps-0h
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”