POLL: What is the best way to convert QBasic code of IBM compatible DOS machines or code of QB64 for Windows to SecondBasic c

[Released: 1988] The Sega Genesis was Sega's most successful console; though Sega has never released a total sales figure quote. Several add-ons were created including the Sega CD and Sega 32X which extended its capabilities.

/genesis
Corporate

POLL: What is the best way to convert QBasic code of IBM compatible DOS machines or code of QB64 for Windows to SecondBasic c

Post by /genesis »

One reason why I am asking this, is because I just started using SecondBasic and I'm still tinkering with it to see how it works.
I am aware that if I make a Sega Genesis homebrew ROM, that I have to deal with differences of tech specs.
things such as video resolution, on-screen colors and total available colors, controller inputs, processor chip family, processor clock speed, etc. differ wildly if one compares x86 DOS machines to a Sega Genesis which uses Motorola 68k chips.
I've been active in a subreddit called /r/QBprograms, as well as other QB-related subs. While using QB64, I wrote a program that can indent lines of code for code sharing on Reddit. While I aspire to make some homebrew ROMs for Sega Genesis, I also notice some challenges in doing so, anywhere from adjusting to conform to the dissimilar tech specs, to changing BASIC commands to conform to the SecondBasic dialect of BASIC.
This is one reason why it's also a good idea to make some SUBs and FUNCTIONs so another dialect's commands can be supported when switching to another dialect, but the big questions is, how is it going to be done?
I know that some of us like homebrew Genesis programs, this is why I wanna create them, but we face some compatibility issues. This is why I made a poll to see what you guys think of what to do.
View Poll

submitted by /u/SupremoZanne
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Genesis Forum”