Tube swap questions

For all Supergun and Consolized motherboard discussion.

Arcade-Projects
Corporate

Tube swap questions

Post by Arcade-Projects »

Hey, I’m about to acquire a Toshiba PF D29C051 (tri-sync) monitor from a Sega New Net City cabinet that has some burn-in. I’m thinking about doing a tube swap.

The tube inside is a Toshiba A68LTF356X.

I’ve looked on craigslist and found someone offering a Toshiba 27AF62 (a “pure flatâ€￾ model so I’m assuming the shape is identical). I googled the service manual and determined the tube inside should be a Toshiba A68LUW696X01.

Now, before you say it, I _know_ the yoke of a 15khz consumer display will not work in a 31khz chassis for my tri-sync. But my question is whether the tube itself would be compatible if I swapped the yoke out.

If the pin-out on the neck board is the same am I ok in assuming it should work? Do I need to get out a multimeter and check the voltage levels on the pins for the heater or something?

Are there any fundamental differences in the _tube_ of a 31khz screen vs a 15khz one or all of the differences found in the chassis and deflection yoke?

[url=https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?thread/10255-tube-swap-questions/]More...[/url]

Return to “Modified Moderboards”