Pc engine cd question

The CD-ROM² is an add-on attachment for the PC Engine that was released in Japan in 1988 and allows the core versions of the console to play PC Engine games in CD-ROM format in addition to standard HuCards. This made the PC Engine the first video game console to use CD-ROMs as a storage media.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

Pc engine cd question

Post by /turboG16 »

I have a original cd-rom2 and interface coming in mail. I kind of have regrets goin this route, mostly cause i didnt realize how scarce parts is (still fav design). Interface listed as working the cd, of course isnt. Im having someone 3d make a gear out of sla resin and i ordered a cap kit, though it got me bit worried. The laser supply is gone, yeah theres discmans but is there any other way if lasers die to revive them? Like compatible diode, or something other than 162a, 220a, 225a? Was also curious if any others have that setup as a main use setup (mine has original pce too). Kind of curious if others still used them or abandoned for duos or super or that ssd thing. Also if anyone knows and laser supplies or willin sell one or etc.

submitted by /u/Kaleosnep
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “CD-ROM²/Super CD-ROM²/Arcade CD-ROM² Forum”