Powered USB Hub Not Enough to Power a Few Peripherals?

[Released: 2019] The PlayStation Classic is a dedicated video game console by Sony Interactive Entertainment that emulates games originally released on its 1994 PlayStation console.

/psxclassic
Corporate

Powered USB Hub Not Enough to Power a Few Peripherals?

Post by /psxclassic »

This is about my NES mini, but I don't think my issue is unique to that model of mini.
I've got this 7 port USB 3.0 switch hub:
atolla Powered USB 3.0 Hub, 7 Ports USB Data Hub Splitter Plus 1 Smart Charging Port USB Extension Including Individual Switches and 5V/4A Power Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093Q1BJSR/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_B10Z54WEE5QKE8TPZP35?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I've plugged it into my NES mini with an elbow OTG. Original NES power cord and brick also plugged into the OTG.
In the hub I've got a sandisk 16 GB USB 2.0 thumb drive and a wired PlayStation classic controller. When I plug in a small, cheap optical wired USB mouse and cheap USB keyboard, the PSC controller stops working. Basically I can have the USB drive and or or two of the other peripherals on at a time, max. A wifi adapter or Bluetooth adapter cannot be used at the same time as any other peripheral.
At first I though the wireless peripherals we're interfering with each other, but now I'm working with a bunch of wired peripherals and they still won't work simultaneously, so it seems to me like a power problem. But I'm not sure what else I can do since I already have a powered hub. Any suggestions welcome.
Thank you!

submitted by /u/bws5608
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “PlayStation Classic Forum”