Need some serious help with my PC Engine CD Rom (briefcase style)

The CD-ROM² is an add-on attachment for the PC Engine that was released in Japan in 1988 and allows the core versions of the console to play PC Engine games in CD-ROM format in addition to standard HuCards. This made the PC Engine the first video game console to use CD-ROMs as a storage media.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

Need some serious help with my PC Engine CD Rom (briefcase style)

Post by /turboG16 »

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] Image [/TD]
[TD] So last week I ordered a PC Engine with the CD rom from Japan. I have been playing hucards on it no problem while I waited to get my Super System Card in and it finally arrived today. Sadly i've had nothing but trouble with Super CD Rom games..
I go to pop in FX Unit Yuki and all it did was hang on a black screen. I tried Puyo Puyo, same thing, black screen. I tried Prince of Persia and i finally got it to play, however the graphics were corrupter and wacked out. However, regular CD game work. I tried the CD unit on the PC engine and on my TurboGrafx and it plays regular CD games perfectly.Side arms worked, Valis 2 worked, Cosmic Fantasy worked, even a backup of Spriggan worked.I even tried replacing the PC Engine with a Core Grafx and the same thing, Super CD Rom games don't work but regular ones do.
I've narrowed it down to either it being that my Super System Card decided to stop being Super or my briefcase interface unit is having some sort of issues. Anyone have any clue what the heck could be going wrong? I've never wanted to play Prince of Persia more in my life. Pic below shows what happens when i try to play the game.
https://preview.redd.it/s53ukns14t071.jpg?width=507&format=pjpg&auto=webp&580129c4

submitted by /u/Slipmad
[link] [comments] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

More...

Return to “CD-ROM²/Super CD-ROM²/Arcade CD-ROM² Forum”